Bar Kochva Hideout Tour
Six decades after the Destruction of the Beis Hamikdash, the Jews began to prepare for a new revolt. This time they were going to be prepared! Bar Kochva and his followers spent several years preparing an underground network of caves connected by tunnels. They stockpiled food and weapons.
Bar Kochba and his army managed to hold off the vast Roman army for almost 4 years! But in the end we were not zoche to defeat the Romans and rebuild the Beis HaMikdash.
But the Jewish people survived and in recent decades archaeologists have uncovered much of Bar Kokhba’s secret tunnels and caves! Our Bar Kochba hideout tour will allow you to experience them for yourself. The tour takes place in the fertile rolling plains of the Shfelah. Home to the tribes of Yehuda and Dan.
Click here to contact us!
Bar Kochba hideout Tour Itinerary:
• Explore the Bar Kochva hideouts – the kids and adventurous adults will get to crawl through underground tunnels!
• Visit the Luzit Caves. Carved out of soft limestone, these bell shaped caves are ancient quarries and hidden places of refuge.
• Visit the site of the Biblical town of Azeka. From here we will have a view of the battlefield in Emek Haelah where Dovid defeated Golias!
• Visit the amazing Stalactite Caves. A unique natural wonder with incredible multi-colored stalactites and stalagmite formations.
• Pray at Kever Dan ben Yaakov Avinu who’s bones were brought up from Mitzraim and buried in the land of his tribe.
• At Radar Hill (Har Adar) we will get a magnificent view of the Jerusalem area. Har Adar is also the site of an important battle in the Six Day War. We will get to see the tanks that still stand there! Everyone can climb on the tanks for a great photo-op.
• If there is time we will visit additional viewpoints around Jerusalem.
This tour is especially good for children – lots of movement and fun! Click here to contact us:)
Time: Monday or Wednesday from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm.
Fee:$99.00 (minimum of 12 participants to include the entrance fees.)
What to Bring: Flashlight, hat, packed lunch and plenty of water.